Assign Team Leaders, Assistant TL?s and Team Members for each month. Assign every club member to at least one monthly Team.
- Choose Programs and Speakers for all assigned meetings at least 60 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
- Obtain the photos, resumes, and program descriptions needed for advance
- Publicity and for Club Bulletins Committees.
- Notify Sgt at Arms if any special equipment or table arrangements are required for a program.
Assign for each month one member as the Desk attendant, and when suitable, one as a ?Friendly Greeter?. Both positions are appropriate for new club members.
Desk attendant duties:
- Have each member sign attendance sheet upon arrival.
- Provide Visitor badges for all nonmembers.
- Collect appropriate charges for Guests and Senior Actives.
- Provide a list of all visitors and member sponsors for the Hospitality Report.
- Assign a member to report at the beginning of each meeting, preferably among the newer members.
- Choose a member to give the invocation AT THE NEXT MEETING. Inform the President.
- Introduce the Visiting Rotarians. Call upon the appropriate member to introduce his (her) guest.
- Announce approaching anniversaries and birthdays for members and spouses.
- It is OPTIONAL to tell a funny story, relate a current happening, or provide a ?thought for the day?. Should avoid offensive comments relating to ?sex?, politics, and religion.
SGT AT ARMS
- Set out flags, banners, lectern, sound system, and outside Rotary signs on the street.
- Set out boxes of member badges before members arrive. Return all badges to boxes as members leave.
- Set up (or assist in setting up) any special equipment required for an individual program.
- Take photos and obtain biographical resumes from each new member.
- Print new member pages each month to add to the membership Directory.
- Distribute membership directory to all members.