Original Rotary Charter – Donated to Club

Rick Dunn, an avid collector of items from Tryon?s history, was on hand at the June 21st meeting of the club. He shared a story with the Rotarians of attending a sale of items remaining from the Oak Hall hotel. Among the things for sale was the charter from Rotary International establishing the Rotary Club of Tryon. Recognizing this was a significant part of Tryon history, Dunn purchased the charter and at the June 21st meeting, he donated it to the club. The Rotary Club of Tryon was chartered on September 2, 1927 and has been in continuous operation since. For years, the charter was displayed at the Oak Hall hotel where the Rotarians met until it closed.

rick Dunn - Donation

Pictured on left is Club President Ken Shull accepting the charter from Rick Dunn and expressing the club?s appreciation for his generous contribution.

(Submitted by Bill Hillhouse)